Allah has given Muslims the Quran to seek guidance. Every Surah contains its significance. It consists of a message and an objective. Surah Al Muzammil is one of those precious Surah which provides guidance and provides a way for the acceptance of desires of a person.
Muzammil means “Wrapped One” or “Enshrouded One”. It is a Makki Surah. The starting 19 verses of this Surah were revealed in Makkah and the rest were revealed in Medina. The reasons behind the revealing of this Surah are:
- In the beginning, it guides Muslims to spread the message of Islam. Communicating and explaining to people the message of Allah in simple words. Make the people understand why Allah has sent us to this world.
- The second section consists of longer verses. In this part, Allah ordered Muslims to pay obligatory zakat. The limit for zakat was identified. It is necessary to reach out to the needy persons for the fulfillment of this duty.
- Night prayer (Tahajjud) was also discussed later in the Surah. Muslims were told the benefits of night prayer and how it can change a person’s life.
UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE READING
It is very important to understand what Allah has ordered Muslims. Reciting and memorizing the Surah is not enough, it is necessary to understand the meaning. Translations and detailed explanations are available in many languages. They help in describing the purposes behind revealing every Surah in the Quran.
The entire Muslim community is guided is to wake up in the middle of the night. Offering night prayer and reciting Quran at that time is very rewarding. This is the time when every person is free from worldly distractions. They can remain focused on what they are reading and what Allah has ordered us.
Surah Al Muzammil gives us a message to remain calm. Be patient in your daily practices. Whether you are on duty or at home. The last part of this Surah revealed when the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) started preaching Islam openly. They opposed and neglected by residents. Allah blessed us with these verses to stay quiet and consistent.
Surah Muzammil Benefits
Surah Al Muzammil is one of the most advantageous Surah of the Quran. Memorizing and reciting it daily has many benefits. Imam Jaafar as Saadiq listed five major benefits of reciting Surah Al Muzammil:
- A person who recites Surah Muzammil with full concentration and wholeheartedly will surely get a reward of meeting the Prophet (PBUH).
- He also said that a person who recites Surah Al Muzammil daily will protected from evil acts and from being a slave to people.
- By reading Surah Al Muzammil 100 times on Thursday night, a person’s 100 major sins will be forgiven.
- He further added prayers of a person will always answered if he recites Surah Al Muzammil daily.
- Surah Al Muzammil protects and guides a person in hard times. It acts as a light at the end of the tunnel. It finds a way for its reciter.
Many other benefits such as:
- Recitation of Surah Al Muzammil after Esha prayer or after Tahajjud will grant a person with a pure heart. Even if he dies at that moment, he will remain in a pure state.
- A person will protected against mental illness. The mind will remain healthy.
- Try to recite this Surah daily to protect your wealth from bad occurrences.
- Reading and memorizing Surah Al Muzammil will not only benefit a person in the world but also in life after death.
FULFILMENT OF DESIRES
People arrange religious gatherings to recite Surah Al Muzammil collectively. Usually, it believed that the Surah is recited to improve the wealth, health, and job necessities of a person. By the will of Allah, all the desires of a person will accomplish.
Recite Surah Al Muzammil after every prayer or recite it daily 5-7 times and pray to Al-Mighty Allah for your aspiration. Like, if you are unemployed and facing difficulties in getting a job, Allah will answer your prayers.
To conclude the discussion, all the Surahs in the Quran are equally beneficial. They revealed to answer our problems. No matter how big or small is your issue, Indeed, Allah is the greatest of all. He doesn’t need us to pray for Him, we need Him to listen and respond to our prayers. Understand the message behind His verses and act accordingly. All of your problems will be miraculously be solved.